SALVEO’s market structure approach
Without a doubt, this is the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing market, complete with its billion inhabitants, gigantic megalopolises like New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad, utterly frenetic level of business and English-speaking population.
But take note: contrary to what many believe, it’s not enough to simply speak English to work long-term in India…
The size and complexity of the Indian market makes it both a market that you cannot neglect in your international development projects, but also a sub-continent that must be tackled with a generally regional rather than global approach. Keep this in mind: there are 27 countries in the European Union... and 28 federated states in India!
SALVEO’s advice to French exporters and industrialists
Do you want to take the temperature of the market before diving in? Forget about market research and outdated contact lists! The market is so vast and proactive that you’d have to update every single article or “basic” information document on a monthly basis!
Instead, benefit from our local set-up to organise a 3-4 day trip: we’ll pave the way for you so that you can come and see for yourself the potential of the market for your line of business.
Are you already present in India or currently developing your plans? Allow for at least 3 to 4 trips per year to keep an eye on your local partners! Too much to do? Pick one of these 2 options: either devote yourself entirely to India when your diary allows you to fully focus on your project or otherwise provide serious resources to structure your business: whether you are selling, sub-contracting or in the middle of setting-up industrial premises, you need a local presence to keep a “close eye” on your partners. Your patience will be your ammunition and your presence your best weapon to work efficiently and to successfully implement your projects!
SALVEO’s presence in India
Our subsidiary INVINDIS, a limited liability company with share capital of € 50,000, fast became the best-structured private company helping companies to establish a commercial and/or industrial presence in India.
We are present in India through our locally-registered company INVINDIS PVT LTD with share capital of € 20,000 in the very heart of New Delhi, 30 minutes from the airports and the city centre. We have a multicultural team featuring 10 dynamic full-time Indian and French members of staff with sound experience in a range of lines of business.
These field workers speak French, English, Hindi and often several local languages.
Our 140m² office allows us not only to cater for our customers and receive our Indian partners, but also to provide show rooms for the companies we represent.
We have worked with more than 150 small and medium enterprises and industries and a number of major groups from many different industries on their projects in India.
Our aim is to be our customers’ local intermediary in India, whatever their projects, needs or problems: pinpointing importers, distributors and/or manufacturers, creating subsidiaries, supervising and running distribution networks or coordinating the setting up of a business or an industrial partnership.
We focus first and foremost on practical measures and operational matters as we spend 80% of our time in the field identifying, listing, assessing and meeting our customers’ potential Indian partners from across the entire market. The remaining 20% is spent preparing reports, which are supplied systematically.
We offer French companies in-depth solutions to enable them to (a) find the best partners in their fields and (b) to be able to successfully launch and monitor their development and local actions on a daily basis.